What is Falafel? How to cook falafel? What country does falafel belong to? Falafel or Tamiya is a dish that has cost the whole Middle East like kunefe and hummus originating from Palestine and Lebanon. It is obtained by blending broad bean paste or chickpea meatballs with different spices and frying in oil and is in the hot intermediate group. Falafel recipe is vegan. Since it does not contain meat, it is also preferred by vegetarians as a portion of falafel, and it can be eaten with tahini sauce, pickles, tomatoes and pickles in burger or sandwich style. Although the easy falafel recipe can also be made in the oven, we made it by frying it in oil in accordance with the original. Here is ” Falafel chickpea ball recipe with pictures for those who say “How to make Falafel?”
Falafel (Chickpea Patties) Ingredients
A glass of boiled and peeled chickpeas
One small onion
A pinch of parsley
A tea spoon of red pepper flakes
Two cloves of garlic
A tea spoon of cumin
A dessert spoon of baking powder
A teaspoon of salt
Two to three tablespoons of flour
A glass of oil
Pita bread, hummus, mint yogurt
Easy Falafel (Chickpea Meatball) Recipe – How to Make Falafel at Home? – Original Falafel Recipe
- Firstly, the chickpeas, which are boiled and peeled, are put into the mixer. Finely chopped onion and garlic are added on it and chickpeas are mixed until they break.
- After that, flour, baking powder and spices are added on it and the meatball is pulled in the robot until it becomes a dough.
- All material is transferred into a large bowl. If there is finely chopped parsley on it, add fresh coriander and mix.
- Subsequently, small walnut-sized pieces are cut off and rolled by hand. In addition, If there is time, the falafel kept in the refrigerator for one to two hours are fried in hot oil.
- When serving falafel (Chickpea Meatball), you can choose homemade pita bread, spring onion, lemon juice, hummus, garlic or mint yogurt.
Easy Falafel (Chickpea Meatball) Recipe Other Considerations and Tips
- How is falafel sauce made? Falafel meatballs can also be served with tahini sauce whipped with olive oil. For this tahini sauce with Falafel Sauce, mix two tablespoons of tahini, three tablespoons of Greek yogurt and a teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl; A quarter bunch of finely chopped parsley is added.
- Falafel is a deep-fried patty or ball made from fava beans, ground chickpeas, or both. Indeed, falafel is a typical Middle Eastern food, widespreadly served in a pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flatbread known as taboon. Likewise, it is also sometimes referred to a wrapped sandwich that is prepared in this way. The falafel balls are topped with salads, pickled vegetables, hot sauce, and drizzled with tahini-based sauces. Falafel balls can also be eaten alone as a snack or served as part of a meze tray (assortment of appetizers).